Progress Michigan is a first-of-its-kind organization. Our mission is to provide a strong credible voice that holds public officials and government accountable, assists in the promotion of progressive ideas and uses state-of-the-art web based new media to creatively build grassroots support for progressive issues.
We are looking for an intelligent and capable intern willing to work 20 hours per week (for credit or simply for experience) to assist us in our core mission.
Progress Michigan is located in Lansing, but we have a state-wide reach. We have flexible scheduling that will allow for classes and outside activities/work.
- Assist in production and online distribution of hard-hitting videos that expose conservatives and their lies,
- Conduct accountability research on issues and right-wing candidates,
- Help deploy props and other attention-getting devices to help shape the media message environment and hold candidates for office accountable,
- Draft press releases for distribution
- Draft letters to the editor
- Monitor local, state, and national news clips
- Assist with pitch calls to news reporters
- Take on other relevant tasks as required
Excellent writing, computer (Microsoft Office, Final Cut Pro, iMovie, Photoshop, Illustrator, and HTML are a plus), communications, and interpersonal skills required. Must be organized, detail oriented, and able to work effectively in team settings. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work across multiple communities and in diverse settings are a must. Be available to work 20 hours per week.