Reports To: Director of Political Field Operations
Location: Ann Arbor area
FLSA Status: Full-Time/Exempt/Benefited
Under the leadership of the Field Director, this position will assist in the development, coordination and implementation of a statewide grassroots plan in targeted areas of the state, in collaboration with the Field Director and additional Field Organizers. S/he will coordinate strategic grassroots efforts to advance legislative and electoral campaign objectives. S/he will conduct activities in support of the legislative initiatives of PPAM. This position coordinates community outreach activities within the Public Affairs Department. Supervisory responsibility includes direct supervision of a network of volunteers.
- Under the leadership of the Field Director, assist in the development and implementation of the grassroots organizing plan, by providing support and peer leadership to field organizers around assigned lead role areas and monitoring goals and progress
- Under the leadership of the Field Director, assist in the development of strategic grassroots planning for increasing public affairs capacity
- Provide technical assistance in assigned lead role areas to other field organizers in a coordinated, strategic manner
- In conjunction with local affiliates, coordinate and implement a field organizing program designed to increase the number and commitment of pro-choice, pro-family planning activists in Michigan
- Further develop the Planned Parenthood Action Network (PPAN)
- Engage Planned Parenthood Affiliate staff, patients, boards, volunteers, and youth participants
- Liaison with existing VOX programs and assist in establishment of new programs in colleges, universities, and community colleges
- Build upon existing relationships and create new alliances with allied organizations to strengthen PPAM’s visibility, credibility, and mobilization efforts
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and 2-5 years of relevant experience. Experience in organizing nonprofit advocacy programs or political campaigns are a must. Strong computer skills, including database and internet proficiency, are desired. This position requires a valid driver’s license and auto insurance in accordance with agency liability standards and guidelines. Frequent travel required (30-50%) throughout the service area and state.