The Organizing Director will be responsible for the state field, data, and digital programs. Working with national staff as well as the State Director, the Organizing Director will write and implement the field plan, including hiring state organizing staff. The Organizing Director will oversee day-to-day management of the organizing staff, as well as long term strategic execution of the field program. In addition, the Organizing Director will be responsible for ensuring that the field operation fully integrates the data and digital programs. The Organizing Director will report to the State Director and the National Regional Director.
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with writing field plans and goal-setting
- Have managed field staff on one or more campaigns (issue or electoral)
- Previous Michigan organizing experience strongly preferred
- Experience with using VAN, Microsoft Excel, and other key data tools
- Strong understanding of digital tools and prior experience using them for organizing
- Strong public speaker and trainer
- Creative thinking and ability to solve problems is a must
- A good sense of humor and a strong commitment to making the world a better place are musts
- Experience and awareness of health coverage issues a plus
- Demonstrated experience working in and building relationships in diverse communities
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Enroll America offers a generous benefits package, including health insurance, life and long-term disability insurance benefits, and vacation, sick leave, and holiday schedules. The position is a full-time, exempt position based in Michigan.
Interested candidates should apply at www.enrollamerica.org/jobs Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
About Enroll America
Enroll America is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to maximize the number of uninsured Americans who enroll in health coverage made available by the Affordable Care Act. Enroll America is a collaborative organization, working with partners that span the gamut of health coverage stakeholders—health insurers, hospitals, doctors, pharmaceutical companies, employers, consumer groups, faith-based organizations, civic organizations, and philanthropies—to engage many different voices in support of an easy, accessible, and widely available enrollment process. Enroll America is an Equal Opportunity Employer.