POSITION: Campaign Organizer
POSTING DATE: February 15, 2016
LOCATION: Lansing, MI
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund in Michigan will be hiring an organizer to develop and implement the organization’s campaigns out of our Lansing office. We seek an energetic and experienced organizer who will spearhead our environmental campaigns across the state. Clean Water Action is a 501(c)(4) national organization with more than 250,000 Michigan members that works for clean, safe affordable water, prevention of health threatening pollution, creation of environmentally safe jobs and business and empowerment of people to make democracy work. Clean Water Fund is a 501(c)(3) organization providing education, organizing and technical assistance to strengthen grassroots environmental efforts.
The Organizer will:
- Coordinate implementation of Michigan campaigns across the state and mid-Michigan area, assisting with on-line organizing efforts, building and supporting coalition activities, and conducting outreach and mobilization of Clean Water Action members
- Organize phone banks, petition drives, volunteer nights, and earned media events
- Make public presentations and present testimony
- Recruit, train, and lead a strong volunteer leadership team in the Lansing area
- Help fundraise to support campaign activities
- Provide support to Clean Water Action’s field and phone canvasses, including briefings and training materials
- One to three years of successful professional field and on-line organizing experience, preferably in environmental, social justice or election campaigns
- Strong oral and written communication skills; experience preparing and delivering public presentations
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively with diverse groups
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and problem-solve in fast paced, dynamic work environment
- Research and strong critical thinking skills; computer skills; well-organized and self-motivated
- Willing to travel within Michigan; available for evenings and weekends
- Knowledge of field and phone canvasses helpful
Salary commensurate with experience
Attractive benefits package available
Email a letter of interest and a resume to Nic Clark at [email protected]. Internal candidates please apply through your supervisor.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund are equal opportunity employers and value a diverse workplace. People of color and those from economically disadvantaged communities are particularly encouraged to apply. Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.