Michigan Economic Justice Action Fund
MEJAF 2016 Canvass Program
Local Field Coordinators (LFC) Job Description
This person is recruited by MEJAF and takes responsibility for daily coordinating and interactions with canvassers in specific turf in Battle Creek. LFCs are trained by MEJAF staff and report to the Field Director. LFCs are paid $100/day; 6 days a week for up to a max of a six-week period. We need LFCs who can commit to no less than 5 weeks.
- Ensure canvassers fill out necessary paperwork (contract, W-9, timesheets, evals)
- Help/lead canvasser trainings, including canvass-related technology, and roleplays
- Help prepare door and canvassing turf, if requested
- Recruit twice as many canvassers as needed for the shift that day
- Coordinate canvasser daily shifts
- Prepare and send canvassers out with necessary materials
- Receive canvassers after their shift and review door experience with them verbally, looking at their progress and asking questions to ensure quality control and that adequate doors are being hit per shift (notify Field Director if there are problems)
- Do and or help develop, if requested, canvasser quality control checks
- Helps evaluate canvassers’ performance regularly and identify who should continue canvassing with us
- Alert Field Director if a canvasser if should not be invited back
- Coordinate transportation for canvassers for all shifts (pick up/drop offs roundtrip)
- Ensure canvassing tablets are properly charged and ready for all shifts
- Is personally responsible for canvassing 350 doors a week, at minimum
- Helps evaluate canvassers’ performance directly in the field, for example, while also out personally canvassing
- Communicate with Field Director as requested on a regular basis – ensuring that she has updated timesheets and walk lists.
- Send nightly reportbacks or as requested, to the Field Director, which includes door tallies, shift reports, and evaluations
- Help ensure canvassers are paid properly and any pay issues are communicated efficiently to Field Director
- Keep staging location area clean, organized, and welcoming for canvassers
- Help coordinate once a week meals and daily water for canvassers
Send your resume, a cover letter detailing similar experience, and three professional references to: MEJAF.Hiring@gmail.com. Only qualified applicants will be notified. Apply today!