Progress Michigan’s mission is to provide a strong credible voice that holds public officials and government accountable, assists in the promotion of progressive ideas and uses cutting-edge digital media strategies to creatively build grassroots support for progressive issues.
We’re a marketing department for progressive ideas – a campaign that never stops. We’re looking for a full-time Digital Organizer who will work to advance our core mission.
Progress Michigan has offices in Lansing and Detroit, but we have a statewide reach.
- Lead Progress Michigan’s online advocacy, outreach, and digital fundraising strategies.
- Implement strategies to broaden our digital media reach, utilizing Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, and other social media platforms.
- Manage and grow email lists.
- Write and edit organizational emails, petitions, and surveys.
- Manage CMS and domain hosting for organizational and partner websites.
- Train partners to help them expand their digital footprint.
- Monitor digital media analytics and produce timely reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience with latest social media and online marketing platforms
- Excellent writing skills necessary
- Organized, detail-oriented, and able to work effectively in team settings
- Strong interpersonal skills, sense of humor, and ability to work in diverse settings is a must
- Serious commitment to building intersectional, internationalist social justice movements
Progress Michigan offers a competitive salary and benefits package based on relevant experience.
Send your resume, cover letter, and writing sample to [email protected] with the subject line Digital Organizer. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. This position will be posted until May 15, 2017 or until the position is filled.
Progress Michigan is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, persons with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.