PROGRESS MICHIGAN – Administrative Assistant and Compliance Manager
Progress Michigan’s mission is to provide a strong credible voice that holds public officials and government accountable, assists in the promotion of progressive ideas and uses cutting-edge digital media strategies to creatively build grassroots support for progressive issues.
We’re a marketing department for progressive ideas – a campaign that never stops. We’re looking for a full-time Administrative Assistant and Compliance Manager who will work to advance our core mission as well as provide assistance to several partners.
Progress Michigan has offices in Lansing and Detroit, but we have a statewide reach.
This position must be located in our Lansing office.
The role of the Administrative Assistant and Compliance Manager is to provide administrative support for the activities of Progress Michigan and an unnamed partner organization. The Administrative Assistant/Compliance Manager reports directly to the Executive Director and works collaboratively with other staff members. This is a full-time position for an individual who has experience in an administrative role and who is committed to the mission and values of Michigan’s progressive community.
The Administrative Assistant and Compliance Manager will handle committee and PAC compliance reports, ordering supplies, scheduling, electronic and telephone communications, travel arrangements, conference planning and logistics (including room reservations, invites, meal orders, RSVPs, and room set-up.) and other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Organize and maintain the Executive Directors schedule and calendar
- Manage and schedule meetings; prepare briefing materials for meetings
- Arrange Executive Directors travel schedule and reservations as needed
- Manage key contact database, ensuring accurate and up-to-date information for key organizational contacts
- Assist with record-keeping and other tasks supporting HR and finance function
- Work with staff and Executive Director to track, compile and draft reports including: internal metrics, grant reports, and media clips.
- Support development and fundraising activities, working with fundraising consultants to organize events, respond to donors and prepare materials
- Interact with board members including scheduling board meetings, board retreats, and logistics
- Accurately track and report PAC and other committee contributions, expenditures and contracts.
- Serve as treasurer for PAC, Ballot and other committees for both Progress Michigan and an unnamed partner group.
- Assist in maintaining the office physical space including supplies, equipment, and furnishings
- Provide general support for office partners
- Support logistics for office meetings, including maintaining the conference room schedule
- Prepare materials for new staff and interns
- One day a week work out of partner office to assist with general office operations and compliance
- Excellent writing skills
- Good oral communication skills
- Experience with and knowledge of Michigan campaign finance compliance system
- Highly organized
- Basic bookkeeping capability for campaign finance compliance
- Familiarity with Excel, Word, Gmail
- Basic knowledge of Social Media
- Low ego, high output like the rest of our team
- Commitment to progressive values
- Works well under tight deadlines
- Energetic, positive
- Comfortable in a face-paced office environment
- Able to think quickly on your feet
- Strong team player
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in Admin/ Compliance Manager or equivalent role
Progress Michigan offers a competitive salary and benefits package based on relevant experience.
Send your resume including three references and salary expectations to [email protected] with the subject line Admin/Compliance. Please note that any applications that do not contain all items requested will not be reviewed.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. This position will be posted until May 20, 2017 or until the position is filled.
Progress Michigan is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, persons with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.