Progress Michigan’s mission is to provide a strong credible voice that holds public officials and government accountable, assists in the promotion of progressive ideas and uses cutting-edge digital media strategies to creatively build grassroots support for progressive issues.
We’re a marketing department for progressive ideas – a campaign that never stops. We’re looking for a full-time Digital Organizer to join our growing digital team and work to advance our core mission.
Progress Michigan has offices in Lansing and Detroit, but we have statewide reach. This position would likely be based out of Lansing, but the situation can be flexible.
This is an entry-level position.
- Assist with Progress Michigan’s online organizing, graphic design and video production
- Use graphic/web design and video production to help advocate for progressive policies and hold elected officials accountable
- Implement strategies to broaden our digital media reach, utilizing Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media platforms
- Assist with training partners on the use of digital media and graphic/video design
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Relevant experience in graphic design and video production
- Strong writing skills are a plus
- An understanding of or willingness to learn coding to assist with web development and content management systems
- Understanding of digital organizing to take people from online to “offline” activists
- Experience with social media
- Ability to use Search Engine Optimization
- Can work in a fast-paced, rapid-response environment
- A passion for progressive activism
Progress Michigan offers a competitive salary and benefits package based on relevant experience.
Progress Michigan is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, persons with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
To Apply: Send an email with cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line: Digital Organizer 2018. Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.