Progress Michigan’s mission is to provide a strong credible voice that holds public officials and government accountable, assists in the promotion of progressive ideas and uses cutting-edge digital media strategies to creatively build grassroots support for progressive issues.
We’re a marketing department for progressive ideas – a campaign that never stops. We’re looking for a full-time Digital Media Strategist who will work to advance our core mission.
Progress Michigan has offices in Lansing and Detroit, but we have a statewide reach.
- Lead Progress Michigan’s online advocacy, outreach, and digital fundraising strategies. This is NOT an entry-level position.
- Implement strategies to broaden our digital media reach, utilizing Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, and other social media platforms.
- Manage and grow email lists.
- Write and edit organizational emails, petitions, and surveys.
- Manage CMS and domain hosting for organizational and partner websites.
- Train partners to help them expand their digital footprint.
- Monitor digital media analytics and produce timely reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 2-3 years’ professional experience (or equivalent educational background) with latest social media and online marketing platforms.
- Excellent writing skills necessary.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and able to work effectively in team settings and independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills, sense of humor, and ability to work in diverse settings is a must.
- Serious commitment to building intersectional, internationalist social justice movements.
- Knowledge of Michigan and national progressive landscape and issues REQUIRED.
Progress Michigan offers a competitive salary and benefits package based on relevant experience.
Send your resume, cover letter, and writing sample to [email protected] with the subject line Digital Media Strategist. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis with first round of resume reviews taking place on Monday, February 26, 2018.
Progress Michigan is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, persons with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.