Progress Michigan’s mission is to provide a strong credible voice that holds public officials and government accountable, assists in the promotion of progressive ideas and uses cutting-edge digital media strategies to creatively build grassroots support for progressive issues.
We’re a marketing department for progressive ideas – a campaign that never stops.
We’re looking for a multimedia designer to help our team turn great ideas into stunning content for digital and traditional media platforms. The designer should be a self-starter, willing to ask questions, and ready to learn, grow, and collaborate. Any applicants will need to be adept at managing their own time and workload, juggling multiple projects at any given time.
Progress Michigan has offices in Lansing and Detroit, but we have statewide reach. This position can be based out of either Lansing or Detroit, with some travel in between.
- Work closely with our team and partners to conceptualize and execute creative content
- Design and produce printed materials including brochures, posters, stickers, pamphlets, mailers, signage and more
- Conceptualize and produce digital content including videos, web ads, website banners and images, email graphics, social media graphics and more
- Proficient in industry standard design tools such as Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, InDesign, Acrobat). Basic knowledge of Premier Pro, Final Cut Pro and others alike is a bonus
- Understands the processes for designing print and digital media
- Experienced in creating digital marketing components to be used for various channels such as: email, social media, online advertising, etc.
- Expert understanding of scalable asset creation, design & video trends, online marketing, image manipulation, and branding
- Passion for creative excellence, branding and visual communications
- Able to work on multiple projects at once, and consistently meet draft deadlines
- Must have a portfolio
- Basic Knowledge of using WordPress or WIX is helpful
Progress Michigan is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, persons with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
To Apply: Send an email with cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line: Multimedia Designer 2019. Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.