Clean Energy Healthy Michigan Digital Director Job Description
About Clean Energy, Healthy Michigan
Clean Energy, Healthy Michigan is a citizens ballot campaign to protect Michigan’s air and water by increasing the amount of our energy that comes from renewable sources like solar and wind to 30 percent by the year 2030. Passing this measure will reduce pollution, protect our health, lower energy bills, and create good jobs right here in Michigan.
The Digital Director will be responsible for planning, management, and execution of strategy on all digital platforms, as well as the management of a dedicated digital organizer.
Core Duties Include:
- CRM management & troubleshooting
- Website management (blog posts, email acquisition forms, thank you pages, etc)
- Social media account management (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
- Research and outreach to influencers
- Capture high quality multimedia of in-state actions and events and turn into effective and memorable digital content
- Email program execution & optimization
- Text program execution & optimizations
- Google Apps Management (Gmail, Drive, Webmaster Tools)
- Online volunteer recruitment & management
- Importing/exporting lists from website
- Manages social media communications and volunteers
- Create a rapid responder team for a campaign with an aggressive opposition
Proficiency in all listed skills is not required, but definitely preferred.
- Commitment to the goals of the campaign
- Basic HTML and CMS skills – preferred: proficiency in all aspects of WordPress or similar systems
- Basic graphic design skills
- Experience in managing and optimizing email campaigns
- Experience managing Social Media accounts for political campaigns, candidates or advocacy group
- Excellent writing and creative chops with a strong portfolio of work
- Experience working in a campaign atmosphere
- Commitment to working long and irregular hours (including evenings and weekends) as needed
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include health care.
How to Apply
Please submit a copy of your resume, a cover letter and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Clean Energy, Healthy Michigan is committed to creating a dynamic, multi-cultural, diverse working environment. Candidates of color and diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Clean Energy, Healthy Michigan is an equal opportunity employer.